Thursday 17 May 2012

Day 7


So it's been one week since I've started the challenge and with one exception (saturday) I did a really good job in eating healthy and working out a ton despite having to operate on extremely little sleep due to SCOOP deepruns.

I flew to Germany for my sister's wedding last weekend and it was a really cool. After the wedding party in itself a small group of us decided to go to a club in Cologne and after I got back to the appartement at around 8am I pretty much went straight to the airport to fly back to London and play the early SCOOP Event.

It is obviously not good to fail with the not drinking / eating healthy resolution on the 3rd day of the challenge, but I knew in advance that nights like this are going to happen (I'm going to spend 7.5 weeks in Vegas after all) and I just have to keep them to a minimum and work out even harder after going out.
I didn't skip a single workout with my trainer this week even though it was super tough as I had to play really long hours and got only around 2-3h sleep per night. I ran above expectation in those tournaments so I will have much shorter days on average except I decide to pull a lot of cashgame all-nighters in Vegas.

I booked 5 training sessions per week with my trainer until Vegas in which we focus on one muscle group per day. On my 2 off-days I will do cardio (kickboxing / sparring, swimming, running). In addition I will try to get in at least three 40 mins Insanity Workouts per week. If you've never tried it, that shit cray, seriously.

Foodwise I managed to get close to the right amount of calories in every day and I had a meal ready pretty much all the time. The awesome thing about London is that you can get whatever food you want because you got so many choices, so I just ordered delivery food (tons of sushi, chicken, salmon, salads etc) multiple times a day and ate while playing. If I played until the morning I often went to my favorite breakfast place to get omelettes and since there's a Nando's right next to the gym I enjoyed the world's best chicken quite a bit after workouts. I don't take any food supplements except of protein shakes so far.

Today I will get tested again since 4 good friends from Germany fly in to visit me. They know about the challenge and that I take it kinda seriously though, so they won't expect me to get wasted every night. Still looking forward to a great time and I planned on taking 1-2 days off from SCOOP anyways to not be burned out for the 10k Main Event on sunday which I'm planning on winning.

Here are the new pics from today, obviously not much difference to be seen in one week but I'm fairly certain that it'll be a cool slideshow after 12 weeks.

05/17/2012

Manig

2 comments:

  1. no doubt living out of hotels and a suitcase make this challenge harder - GL on the felt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just bookmarked your blog and going to follow your process.
    Good luck in Vegas, but more for the challenge! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete